Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I Have A Confession To Make

As much as I want to see The Host, I haven't yet. (Neither has anyone else, apparently; IMDB says it's grossed less than $20 million thus far.) And at this point I don't think I'm going to see it in a movie theater.

It's a shame because I really was looking forward to seeing it in the theater; I even had an AMC Theatres gift card earmarked for the occasion. But there aren't a lot of screenings at my local AMC this weekend and I just don't think it's going to happen.

At this point the only way I'll see The Host in the theater is if someone goes with me. I have absolutely no problem going to the movies by myself; I actually enjoy it. But if I go to the movies by myself I have to be pretty sure that there's going to be a decent-sized crowd in the theater. There's nothing worse than the feeling of sitting in one of the smallest theaters in your local multiplex (and somehow the smallest auditoriums are always kind of creepy to begin with) by yourself. Except maybe the feeling of sitting in one of the creepy small theaters with one or two strangers.

It's disappointing that I'm probably not going to watch The Host in a theater, but it's even more distressing that I have no idea when I'll be able to watch it in the comfort of my own home. I can't find a DVD/Blu-Ray release date on Amazon or Netflix (at least Netflix knows the movie exists, which is more than can be said for Amazon). A cursory glance at Stephenie Meyer's Website also came up empty. A quick Google search confirmed my belief that a DVD release date hasn't been announced yet, but one site estimated it would be in July.

July, huh? That's later than I thought it'd be. I don't know if I really want to wait until July to see The Host. I may have to find someone to go to the movies with this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment