Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Good Book Could Lift Sagging Spirits (article)

My mom passed along this article that appeared in the Tampa Bay Times last week. It discusses a "list of 27 books to make you feel better" (Tobar, 2013) that was released by the UK's Society of Chief Librarians.

I've used books as comfort food my whole life, so I was intrigued by the list. The funny thing is that I've only heard of one of the 27 books (Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani). The next time I'm feeling down I'll have to look for one of the books on the list to see if it helps. (Big Stone Gap is a strong contender for the role because I actually started reading it once upon a time.)


Tobar, H. (2013, March 8). A good book could lift sagging spirits. Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved from
http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/a-good-book-could-lift-sagging-spirits/2107403

No comments:

Post a Comment